TOWN OF FOWLER GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
Fowler is a town in St. Lawrence County, New York, United States. The Town of Fowler is located on the southwest border of the county and is southwest of Canton and southeast of Gouverneur. It borders the towns of Rossie, Gouverneur, Hermon, Edwards, Pitcairn, and the Jefferson County town of Antwerp.
TOTAL AREA: 60.7 sq mi. (157.2 km²)
Land: 59.5 sq. mi. (154.2 km²) - Water: 1.2 sq. mi. (3.1 km²)
TOWN OF FOWLER COMMUNITIES
- Balmat – A hamlet south of Fowler village on County Road 24 and NY-812.
- Fowler – The hamlet of Fowler is centrally located in the town and is at the junction of Routes NY-58 and NY-812.
- Emeryville – A hamlet northeast of Fowler village on County Road 22, on the bank of the Oswegatchie River.
- Fullerville – A hamlet northeast of Balmat on County Road 24.
- Hailesboro – A hamlet in the northwest corner of the town on NY-58. It is named after early landowner Gen. James Haile.
- Kellog Corners – A location southwest of Balmat on County Road 24 and south of Sylvia Lake.
- Little York – A former community near Fowler village.
- Pikes Corner – A hamlet at the west town line on County Road 5.
- Sylvia Lake – A lake west of Balmat, once called "Lake Killarney."
- West Fowler – A hamlet west of Fowler village on County Road 22.
ELEVATION 594 ft (181 m)
POPULATION: (2010) 2,202
COORDINATES: 44°17’N 75° 24’ W
More Fowler Weather Information.
FOWLER FAMILY DAY 2017
TeeShirts For Sale $10.
Available sizes are adults Medium, Large, X-large, and (1) 2XL,
Kids small and medium.
Contact the Town Clerk
The North Country Housing Council is accepting ongoing applications from current home owners who are looking for home rehabilitation assistance.
© Town of Fowler, NY
Text, graphics, and HTML code are protected by US and International Copyright Laws, and may not be copied, reprinted, published, translated, hosted, or otherwise distributed by any means without explicit permission.